Friday, October 22, 2010

I Graduated and Got My Diploma

Four weeks of radiation is complete.  And yes, I did get a diploma.  Now I have two!
I have mentioned before that my medication has rendered me unable to drive because it makes me so sleepy so I have relied on someone to take me everyday.  It has been hard to feel like an imposition and I have wondered many times if I should just buck up and get there myself! But a wonderful thing has occurred during this time.  It has been a huge blessing to be able to visit with someone 1 1/2 hours  every day.  It has routed out a depressed spirit and made me more emotionally healthy.  I will really miss this part of radiation!  Sari and Ronda, my visiting teachers have each taken me weekly.  Other drivers have been Mom, Andi, Karen, Julie, Geri, Dianne, Colette, Elaine and Christine.   Earthly angels I assure you. (I'm surrounded by them!)

Also in:  My new compression sleeve came yesterday.  It really helps to keep the swelling down in my arm. I'm so grateful to have it!
 

Next week I will see Dr. Dickson to find out what is next.  It makes me feel a bit weary and sometimes a little weepy.  I hope it isn't anything too bad.  I'm sure I will be blessed with the help I need because that is just how it has always been.  So I need not fear.

2 comments:

e.brooke said...

Katie I am so glad that you are being blessed with some relief!

I have struggled with depression for many years and recently found out that I have a fairly significant chemical imbalance that they think they can help me with after another blood test! I love good people and relief is a precious gift...sorta like a water break in the middle of lifes marathon! We pray for you daily!!!

David and Company said...

I will miss our drive this Tuesday. It has been so good to spend time with you. Love ya