Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recent Events

 My cousin Geri, took me to radiation today.  On the way home we stopped at Mr. Pizza in Shelley.  In over 20 years Mr. Pizza has not updated their facility or their prices--$2.00 for their fabulous lunch special of pizza, bread sticks and a drink! Delicious! If you are ever in Shelley around lunch time I highly recommend it! (so does Geri...she was impressed and ordered a meal to take to her husband.)
 Mary got a hair cut (Monday).  She got bangs because I can no longer maneuver rubber bands in her hair.  Thanks Christy!  And thanks to Karen for driving me to radiation that day.  Before the haircut we cut fabric for 6 luxuriously soft Minky blankets that Lei Lani is quilting for me.



Last Friday Dennis and the kids did not have school.  We went to radiation and brunch at Perkins  together.  It was a lot of fun.  This was an incentive for a memorization project--The Proclamation on the Family. It took us a year, but we did it!
Have I mentioned we have a new driver in the family?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Camille recited part of the Proclamation to me when we were visiting. I was impressed with your family vision and motivation.

debbie said...

Oh yay--a post! I was starting to worry. Looks like some good times.

Yay for your family memorizing the Proclamation. Thar's so awesome! I am still in the process of memorizing it. After taking a several-month hiatus, I've gotten back on the horse this week. I only have the last 1/4 of it to go.

Mark and Adrian said...

Katie you are my hero!!!!!!! I love reading your blog. You are a huge inspiration. I love hearing about the good news and not so good news that you and your family are facing. Thanks so much for your positive attitude. You make me want to be a better person. :)

e.brooke said...

This whole thing rocks!