Sometimes I don't type all my news because it is depressing. Today was a great day and I must share it right now! We had two appointments today. (Jeffrey and Drew came with us.) Our first stop was wound care. Since my last skin graft on July 16, things have been looking really good. The graft has taken perfectly. My new donor site is all better (the old donor site still is partially bandaged but the pain is gone from it, thankfully). Even though this long road has been paved with blessings, I've cried many tears of pain and frustration. I am so grateful to be done with that whole phase. It is truly wonderful!
Our next visit was with Dr. Dickson. He told me that my CT scan is clear of cancer except for the little spot that we already knew about. I will begin a new chemo called gemcidomene (I have no idea how to spell it yet.) And I will continue with the "light-weight" chemo, Herceptin. The side effects should not be bad and I will not loose my hair again. HOORAY!!! I am back to weekly treatments and I may be on it for quite some time. But I'm just so grateful that there is no cancer anywhere else. It is excellent news.
Thank you, thank you so much, my dear family and friends for your faith and prayers in my behalf. I know that Heavenly Father is honoring those prayers. Love to all.
P.S. Happy birthday Dennis!
8 comments:
Such happy, happy news! So glad to hear the graft has taken and that the cancer is only in one area. What a blessing! Glad the new chemo will be doable. All wonderful news! It puts a big smile on my face!
Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing!
I am so grateful, Katie!!
I've been stalking your blog through Darcee, and I am thrilled with the good news. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.
Yay!!!!!!! That's so wonderful to hear! Oh yay!!!!!!
We are so thankful with and for you! What a blessing!
So glad to hear your wonderful news.
This is wonderful news! You are such a trooper! I hope the rest is smooth sailing, and you will heal well! We sure love you!
Post a Comment