Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Blessing....?

I was wondering what this weird rash was! The nurse today took one look at it and said, "Shingles." Well, this sounds really funny but I'm grateful because these shingles saved me from having to get chemo today. I was really worried about it because 1. tomorrow is Jeffrey's Eagle project , 2. we are going to Lava with Dennis' brother's family on Thursday and 3. it is Dennis' mom's 80th birthday celebration on Saturday.

Any guesses on the cost of the drug to take care of the shingles? The cost doesn't matter because there is a new lump and we can't waste time. It is worth it in another way too. The doc said this is a mild case but they are NO FUN!!!!! I can't sleep through all the itching.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Oh Katie! I don't even know what to say. I hope you can sleep and get over the Shingles quickly. Still praying for you...

David and Company said...

Oh my goodness..I am so sorry. Rick had them a few year ago and said it is the worst pain he has ever had. PS you have such an amazing attitude...keep your chin up. YOu are the only person I know who can think that shingles can be a blessing.

Margene said...

Oh Katie, Your reward must be massive. I just can't comprehend all your are continually ask to go through. We admire and love you and continually PRAY FOR YOU!!!