Thanks also goes to everyone who donated fabric. We were able to do many more blankets than if we had bought everything on our own (that was the original plan). President Dance let us borrow his ironing board (a strange request, he said.) Colette let us borrow her iron (her board is attached to the wall and that is why we had to call Dances.) Thanks also very much to those boys and moms who came to help.
Also much thanks goes to my mom for bringing her serger, sewing machine and cutting equipment. She spent lots of time servicing her serger as a pin was serged over. She also changed broken needles and "unstuck" her sewing machine many times. (Eventually we declared that adults were working the machines--I'd hoped that boys could do all the jobs with a little supervision.) 
All in all it was a great day and we truly appreciate all the help we received!
4 comments:
Wow! Lots of blankets! I was so excited to see the fabric I donated in most of the pictures (mine was the one with the flowers that Jeffery is holding)! I loved the fabric, and it looks like he liked it too! Yeah! I can't believe how many blankets you have.
Wow! What a lot of work, but what a great result. The mommies in the hospital will LOVE these!
YAY, Jeffrey!
Hello Katie,
I just wanted you to know I love reading your blog. Tina Chavez gave me your blog address because she feels your words of faith are inspiring and she wanted me to be blessed by them as well. I have been going through all your old postings for a few weeks now and just have to say THANK YOU for sharing your journey of motherhood, wifehood, and with cancer with the world. I have been blessed by your life and have been helped to see that I need to have more faith. Thank you.
Tracy
wetoatmealkisses.com
Post a Comment