Thursday, August 6, 2009

Two Birthdays, 44th and 40th

Dennis' birthday was on Monday, the day I had my doctor's appointments. Since I thought I'd be getting chemo, we accepted the offer for dinner from the Relief Society. DeAnn Reiche brought us dinner with some poppy seed cake, which became Dennis' b-day cake. (He didn't want me to make a cake for him because our birthdays are so close together and he *says* that he always has the cake on his birthday and this year he wanted it on my birthday--Sweetie.)

Mine was a big day. Mom and Aunt Kaye came and took me to lunch. After a shopping stop at a craft store, we dropped Aunt Kaye off at Uncle Marlow's parent's house in Rigby. Mom and I stopped to say hello to Julianna and her kids, Jazlyn, Liberty and Jonas.

When we got home this is what we found:








Thank you Camille for all this!


Dennis and the kids hung black garbage bags over the door way and windows.
Dennis had made Dutch-oven potatoes and BBQ pork ribs. YUUUUMMMYYY!

It was such a fun day. I am actually happy to be getting older. Life keeps getting better and better!

6 comments:

debbie said...

I'm glad both days turned out to be special days in their own special ways!

e.brooke said...

Awesome! What a great bunch of Kids and such a great husband too!
Happy late Birthdays!

Unknown said...

I love it! I am glad your family made your birthday so memorable.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a great day. thanks for being a great example for all of us. love you.

Darcee said...

Love it! Glad they made it a good day for you!

Tansy said...

Congrats on the big 40! Your cake looks scrumptious!