Friday, August 14, 2009

Jeffrey!

Time to show off Jeffrey. He is a great kid and he is growing up so, so fast, both in years and height. I was amazed as I looked at pictures from just a year ago and it is plain to see that Jeffrey has matured tons in the past year! Wow.Long jumping.Playing the piano. (He is getting good, too!)Here are a few pictures from when Jeffrey and I got to go to California with Dennis on the 8th grade trip. What a wonderful time we had! Very special memories. One little story... As Dennis and I were looking at the 80 or so kids who were on the trip, I asked him, if he could choose, which kids would he choose for Jeffrey's friends (Jeffrey goes to a different school district than Dennis teaches in so he didn't know a single kid--and neither did I.) Without hesitation he pointed out 3 kids, two were twins. I was tickled pink when Jeffrey and those 3 boys became friends without any coaching from his parents. Here he is with the twins, Mark and Ryan.

Jeffrey is an awesome brother to his siblings, especially Mary and Drew.

We're lucky that between Jeffrey and Brandon, we get our lawn mowed every week.
Did you ever have a Spirograph? I found an old one at a thrift store. Jeffrey has loved it.

He also loves his Rubik's cube and can solve it very fast!


He has runs cross country. This was the meet at Soda.


He was excited to get his very own game of Life for Christmas.

Tie tying lesson

Jeffrey and Brandon are best friends. It makes me happy that they get along so well.

Jeffrey with some Hansen cousins. I love how happy all of them look to be together. It doesn't happen often enough!

Jeffrey enjoys basketball and plays church ball.

Hangin' out with Jonny at the Bingham reunion. Jumping in the canal with Brandon and a friend.

Jeffrey is well on his way to being an Eagle scout. I'm proud of him for his diligence and hard work (pictures coming soon). He is an easy going kid and fun to have around. I'm so grateful that he chooses the right and honors his priesthood. Being the 1st born, he performs a vital service to his siblings... he sets a wonderful example. I am grateful for all you do, Jeffrey! I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always been very impressed with Jeffrey. My kids love him too!

debbie said...

He is such a great kid! What an awesome tribute!