My mom loves homemaking. I learned so much from her. She had seven children. She taught us, she fed us, she sewed for us, she took us to church, she faithfully held family home evening. She likes a clean house and she taught us how to clean. (I still remember the lesson on how to clean the bathroom.) My parents paid for me to take piano lessons. My mom taught me to cook and sew. Every now and then I can still hear her instructions as I cook or do sewing projects.
She was the Young Women president when I was a Mia Maid. It was always fun to have her at girls camp and at mutual. She supported my in Jr. Miss and comforted me when I dismally failed.
My mom is a hard worker. She has always had a beautiful garden. She cans fruits and vegetables.
Every time I have had a new baby, my mom has either come to help with the baby or has taken my older children to her house. After Brandon was born I got really sick so she took me and my kids to her house until I was feeling better.
My mom has helped me so much in the past year. The day after I was diagnosed with cancer we went down to my parent’s for General Conference. It was so comforting to be there. I watched in amazement as my parents shed tears over me. I knew that they loved me. I talked on the phone quite often to my mom during that time. It helped me so much to know that Mom cared about me! The day before my first chemo treatment she came and helped me clean my house. She took Mary and Drew for a few days when I had surgery. Drew was very homesick. She gave him my baby blanket to help comfort him. She took very good care of them. It meant so much to me at that difficult time. Then she came every Thursday while I was doing radiation and drove me to my appointment. Then she took me out to lunch. She also brought my family dinner on those days. It was a very long day of driving for her but for those seven weeks, I looked forward to Thursdays so much!
My kids love to write letters to their grandma. She always writes back to them. She is a very good grandma. We always can expect to recieve Halloween and Valentines treats in the mail. Thanks Mom for all you do for us!
Thanks so much for your example and for teaching me the gospel. I’m very grateful for all you have done for me! I love you!
6 comments:
Hmmmmm. . . I thought I made those camping pajamas. I guess that is why we should write things down because our memories don't serve us well!!
Happy Mother's Day, Mom! You are a great mom! I also have many memories of your generous service to me. Thanks for posting this, Katie.
Well, maybe you did make them. Now that you say that, I guess I really don't know! I remember being very excited about them. Didn't I help? Sorry I don't remember...
Thanks Kate for this post, I love your mom too. I know that I did not help with the PJ's.
Dad
Thanks Katie, for the memories. As you know my family is most important to me. It takes good kids to be a good mom and grandma. I have been blessed with the best of both kids and grandkids. I love you all.
Mom
Your post made me cry, Katie. I love my mom so very much. She is a huge support to me. I love how she believes in me and helps me in so many big and little ways. I am looking forward to her visit when my baby is born! It is one of the highlights of having a baby!
What a nice tribute!
Post a Comment