Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Project

Last year Darcee made me "A Book of Little Joys".




When I found out a girl in our ward had cancer I wanted to make her and her mom a book of little joys. They were fun and easy! Easy mostly because I "lifted" Darcee's ideas. (hope you don't mind, Darcee! I wish I could free hand the lettering like you do, but thank goodness for a computer and *skills*) Alyssa's favorite color is yellow. I hope she likes her book! I made her mom's book pink, purple and green. (she is like me, she doesn't necessarily have a favorite color.) I thought they turned out cute.


2 comments:

Darcee said...

Yours turned out very cute!

I cannot really claim the idea of that book--it was complete inspiration. I was given a little vision, if you will, of how it would be used and then when I was getting ready to send it, I found that talk "Finding Joy" by Elder Scott that matched perfectly with what I had envisioned. Making it and being led to do different things with it was definitely a spiritual experience for me that I still look back and treasure. (In fact I've used the story of creating it in VTing lessons and I just told it to someone last week--that's how powerful it was.)

I'm sure your books will be much loved also! It is a great pay-forward!

e.brooke said...

How beautiful! You are very creative! How neat!
I love your blog and all of the charming posts and quotes!
You are truly amazing!
Love,
Brooke