Monday, August 4, 2008

60 Years Together

We just celebrated the 60th wedding anniversary of two of my favorite people: Dennis' parents. I wanted to include here part of the tribute I wrote for them.



Dear Lula and Melvin,
I’m grateful for the wonderful people that you are. You are stalwart and true to the gospel. You have raised an amazing family. I feel so blessed to be apart of it. I have learned so much watching you over the years.

I really, really admire your hallmark of selflessness. You truly help in time of need in so many different circumstances!

I’m so grateful for the way Dennis was raised. He is very selfless also. He helps me out so much with the raising of our family. I know he was taught by example.

You have taught me a lot about gardening, canning and cooking.

I remember so many fun camping trips, reunions and other outings. It is always fun to get together with you. You are generous with your time and all that you have. We always eat well. And we enjoy your company so much.

I have always enjoyed visiting with Lula because she has plenty to talk about. She’s outgoing and friendly to all. I wish I could be more that way (outgoing!)

Melvin is such a fix-it man and I'm so grateful he taught Dennis how mechanic and fix just about everything!

I hope you know that I love and admire you. Thank you so much for all you have done for me and my family!

3 comments:

debbie said...

They really are amazing people!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

my grandparents are soo cool!