Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One Per Year

Dennis is an awesome husband and it was his birthday Sunday. There are way more things I could have put. He needs to be at least 50!

~He treats me so well
~He loves our children
~He loves his parents and family
~He loves my parents and family
~He has a strong testimony
~He provides a good living for us
~He helps tons in keeping the house clean
~He also helps with the laundry
~He plays the piano
~He sings
~He is a faithful priesthood holder
~He magnifies his callings
~He takes good care of our yard
~He holds family home evening
~He helps others
~He is humble and doesn't call attention to himself
~He holds family scripture study
~He enjoys his career and is a good teacher
~He fixes our vehicles
~He fixes the kids toys
~He fixes everything else that gets broken
~He is a hard worker
~He tries to help me get the things I want (e.g. a bigger house)
~He keeps the money program updated
~He allows me to be myself
~He takes us to swim camp and is almost the only dad there
~He is generous
~He helps the boys with their scouting
~He lets the boys drive the riding lawnmower
~He takes us bike riding
~He has taught the kids how to work
~He expects the kids to keep their rooms clean
~He teaches us about science
~He is interested in the kids' schoolwork
~He doesn't have a beard (Brandon and Camille helped on this one)
~He is handsome
~He tells the kids stories
~He builds shelves where ever I want them
~He is organized
~He cooks breakfast
~He is cool (says Brandon
~He kisses us (says Camille)
~He buys treats

Thanks Honey for all you do! I love you!

6 comments:

debbie said...

Just looking at that list would make anybody jealous. But having Dennis as my uncle, I know he truly is one terrific guy! Happy late birthday to both of you!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. Dennis's goodness does radiate from him. How blessed you and your children (and all who know him)are!

Today I was laughing with the kids because for some reason I remembered the night when I was in bed and David was coming to bed. I told him, "Please write me a note to call the dentist tomorrow." He said--I thought, "Call the dentist?" He sounded very confused which confused me because he KNEW I needed to call the dentist! I said, "Yes!" The next morning I saw the note: "Call Dennis!!!" I laughed hard and told David of his mistake. David said, "I wondered why you were so urgent about calling Dennis!" Probably this isn't funny to anyone but us! ;-)

Anonymous said...

You missed that Dennis is a great son-in-law!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. Katie is the young age of 39 so here goes 39 reasons in no particular order of why I love her. She is very complimentary of me, she is beautiful, she loves her family, she is a great cook, she loves to sew dresses and skirts for her girls, she mends my many holey pants, she gets up early to walk, she reads her scriptures and prays every day, she is a good listener, she is fun to be with, she is an excellent pianist, she helps with yard work, she have a pretty flower garden, she loves to can and harvest from our garden, she trys to eat healthy, she supports me in church and school activities, she likes to play games, she is a great mom, she is a great wife, she makes healthly meals, she is very talented at making cards, she exercises every day, she kindly helps me with scriptures reading and FHE, she loves to read good books, she trys to keep the house clean and tidy in spite of children, she helps the kids with their school work, she lets kids do messy projects, she listens to the kids, she defends the kids before I can inflict too much justice, she gave birth to 6 children with out pain medicine, she likes to follow natural methods, she painfully breastfed all 6 children, she fixes 3 screaming daughters hair (I would cut is off), she likes to go on dates, she loves my family, she loves her grandparents, she loves Idaho, she loves our great country.

I love you, Dennis

Anonymous said...

Im so glad he is my dad

Anonymous said...

that's a long list!