Saturday, August 2, 2008

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme


I went visiting teaching the other day and a lady had herbs growing on her porch. I had all the pots and seeds in my storage so I came home and planted them. I have grown stuff in my garden before (and still have the ones that are perennials) but I thought it would be really nice to only have to go out to my porch to get spices. I am very late planting but I can always bring them in the house when it gets cold. Fresh herbs make delicious spaghetti and other dishes!

6 comments:

debbie said...

What a great idea! I love the spoons in the pots. They're decorated so cutely!

Darcee said...

Other than spaghetti, what do you them in? I love cilantro and chives, but I can't see myself using that much basil or thyme. Recipes!

Katie and Dennis said...

Basil and thyme are the ones I love most! Thyme is good in soup (and I have a very good recipe using it I will have to send you.) Basil is excellent in foccacia bread. Thyme is also good in stuffing. I have to admit that I don't use an awful lot of them but for the things I love, they are so good to have around! Fresh beats the heck out of dried.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a magic wand
to make the kitties go away from
the plants wouldnt it be fine.

Anonymous said...

Thyme is a interesting name

Anonymous said...

Moms going to replant them because,
The cats/Kittens dug them up
[She was not happy].