Saturday, October 4, 2008

And The Roof!

Tuesday and Wednesday we got our roof put up. We are pretty excited!
Yesterday we got rain and Dennis swept and shop vacced up gallons and gallons of water. It rained tons in the night so this morning at the break of dawn we were out there to put up tarps and clean up more water. I ran to the hardware store and bought another huge tarp

11 comments:

Kaye said...

Oh, how exciting. It's looking like a house. I bet that is so frustrating to have it rain. In the south they call tarps FEMA roofs because that is what they put up after hurricanes. BTW, the grapes look awesome.

Kendi said...

We had the same thing happen as we were building our home. Talk about stressful! I was always worrying over whether the wood was going to warp but thankfully it did not. It is looking awesome! It is so exciting to watch a home being built, especially when it is your own! A friend of mine, who is old enough to be my mom, told me that if my marriage could survive building a house it could survive anything. Just thought you might like the thought! It always made me smile.
Love,
Kendi

Anonymous said...

Can I sleep in my bedroom now?
I realy want to.

Anonymous said...

Hiwashetah! (traslation) That was fun!

debbie said...

Yay for progress! Boo for rain! I hope the tarps help

Darcee said...

It is looking like a great and new improvement!! Hope you were able to keep the rain out. What is the next step?

Wow on the grapes. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing nothing!!! (which I am, except keeping little Tess out of stuff!)

Katie and Dennis said...

Shingles are next. It may be awhile.

MsMelodee said...

Wow! You are almost to the fun stuff (the finish work) painting and tile are my favorite. I hope the weather cooperates for a while! I have never put up grape juice before. I think nikie and jeff are doing grape juice this year. You are very industrious!

Garling Ranch said...

This looks really good! I can't believe it is moving along so quickly. I hope that it will be continue to go smoothly for you guys and you will get it done in no time. The grape jam looks delicious in the last post!

e.brooke said...

Wow! It looks awesome! I bet you are so excited! You guys have done a lot of work!

The Porter's said...

I'm impressed at how fast everything is moving. Lookin' good!