Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Decision

I recieved the following letter via email this morning from the stake person in charge of gathering volunteers for the calling of people in California concerning Proposition 8. It is from Elder Hammond to our stake president. I know there are people in my ward who read my blog and I wanted to pass along the love and encouragement from this letter. Thank you to all who so willingly pledged your help!


Dear President, 14 October 2008

In council this afternoon, the decision was made by the Brethren not to proceed with out-of-state phone calling for Proposition 8 in California.

Please express to your stake and ward leaders and to the dozens and hundreds of volunteers how grateful we are for them. This has been akin to a “Zion’s Camp” experience in which the faith and obedience of the people were measured. Their obedience has not gone unnoticed by the Lord nor will it go unrewarded. They may expect to receive specific blessings as individuals and families for their obedience to priesthood direction.

Same gender marriage is a very, very grave issue. The war against the family is the war of our day. It will continue and worsen and yet the Lord’s people have shown they will rise up in an organized, effective manner whenever the prophet calls.

I told the Brethren that 21,000 Church members in Idaho will still be making phone calls concerning Proposition 8 – “vertical” phone calls called prayers, and that the One we reach via those calls is much more powerful and persuasive than anyone we could ever reach in California!

We hope you will encourage all your volunteers (and other members) to pray and perhaps fast for the Lord’s blessing upon the pro-Proposition 8 efforts in California. If any have friends or relatives who live in California, they will certainly want to encourage them to vote.

President, please know how much I appreciate your leadership and faithful devotion. I am honored to be associated with you in this sacred, inspired latter-day work.

Again, may the Lord’s choicest blessings continue upon you and the great saints in these faithful Idaho stakes is my earnest and continual prayer.

Elder Ronald J. Hammond
Idaho Area

No comments: