
We woke up to this today! It is beautiful, but I'm mourning warm weather. They say it is supposed to warm up this week and boy do I hope so! We have shingles to put up! At least the wind stopped blowing.

Here are the shingles we bought yesterday.

Do you think we are rednecks or what? Notice the tires on the roof! Dennis had actually taken down the tarps. But when the forecast said rain and snow, he put them back up. What the forecast did not tell us was about the gale-force winds! Dennis had to climb back up there twice to put the tires back on. They kept blowing off! (One nearly hit Brandon.) He ended up tying 2 together. He almost fell off the roof twice. I will just be so glad when the roof is all done!! I usually enjoy a good storm because I know we are safe in our snug little house. But all yesterday I just wished the winds would calm down. It was nerve racking with the tarps flying up and making lots of noise.

We got a new vehicle (well, new to us) last week and it was so, so nice to pull the trailer when we went to buy the shingles without worrying. Ever since our brush with disaster the first time we pulled our camp trailer (7 years ago), we have not been able to relax when we travel with a trailer. Things will be so much better now! Hooray! (I feel SO spoiled!
Blessed is probably a better word.)
7 comments:
You peeled-out In our driveway, left a rut and got the suberban muddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Katie, I can't believe how well your addition is coming along. That is exciting.
The suburban looks really nice. How fun for you!
Congrats on the new addition to your family! Have fun driving something new! Good luck on getting your shingles on. We woke up to a few inches of snow too.
WOOT WOOT! Congrats on the new wheels! That is very exciting! Not too mention the addition and shingles! I am so happy for you guys!
When we were leaving church we noticed you had a different vehicle! Ted was asking me if I knew you had gotten one, but I didn't know either. What a pleasant surprise. The suburban will be really nice for safety, towing things, and for the winter roads up here in Idaho. Well, congrats on the new vehicle. And, I really hope that it warms up soon too. It is too early to be this snowy and cold!
Yay for a new vehicle! It looks great! I'm also looking forward to warmer temps again this week. I'm just not a cold-type gal. I hope you are able to get the shingles on.
brrrrr....
Post a Comment