Grandparents Great again. I remember both of them. Great Grandpa was so old and sick and I only remember him laying on a couch. I remember lots more about Great Grandma.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Some Old Photos
My dad sent these old photos via email a few months ago. I thought it would be fun to put them on my blog.
Can anyone else see the resemblance Geri has to Grandma Porter? Who else looks like her? Isn't she pretty?
This is only my best guess of who is in the photo (for those who don't know, Grandma and Grandpa had 11 children so naming them can be tricky.) Uncle Mark (or is that you, Dad? I think it looks a little more like Uncle Mark), Uncle Kent (without question!), Aunt Sherry, Aunt LaRue (no question there either) and of course Grandma and Grandpa.
Great Grandpa and Grandma Porter beside their old model T Ford. I remember once or twice my Grandpa took us on a ride in this car. It was so fun! This is in front of my grandparent's house.

Grandparents Great again. I remember both of them. Great Grandpa was so old and sick and I only remember him laying on a couch. I remember lots more about Great Grandma.
Grandparents Great again. I remember both of them. Great Grandpa was so old and sick and I only remember him laying on a couch. I remember lots more about Great Grandma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've often tried to figure out which granddaughters looked like Grandma, and I still don't know. Sometimes I've thought it was Camille Porter, but other times not. I think some of Aunt Karma's girls look a bit like Grandma too, but I don't know them well enough to know which ones.
I think of Great Grandma Porter every time the power goes out because she was at our house once when it went out. We lit candles and Mom played the piano and she sat in the blue rocker.
What a treasure!
How DOES one get their hair to wave like that? I've always wondered.
Well, my hair wants to wave like that now. It would be okay if it was in style... Oh well.
I think that Aunt Karma's Hannah looks like Geri, so I'm I think you are right, Darcee. And I never thought about Camille P. but I think I see it too!
Your naming the people in the picture is correct. You win the correct award of the day.
Dad
I love to read your blog. I like the pictures, I don't so much see myself in Grandma I guess that is how it usually goes.
Geri
Post a Comment