Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday

We had such a productive day yesterday, thanks mostly to wonderful friends and also a wonderful dad. Dad came and got most of the wiring done in our addition. We had 8 guys show up to help us get our shingles done. One even went to the hardware store and borrowed a forklift to get our shingles up on the roof! We owe thanks to Stewart Smith, Ted Garling, Bishop Woods, Arlin and Shawn Stimpson, Robert Murdock, Stan and Travis Moncur and Brandon and Jeffrey Hansen. Christine Woods also was so thoughtful and made some chili to help feed my crew. It went great with the sandwiches!Look at the beautiful blue sky! We couldn't have asked for a better day!

We ran out of shingles so I ran to Home Depot (30 miles away) to buy 6 more bundles. I hurried home with them and Dennis packed a couple of them up to the roof. And what did he discover? They were the wrong color! (I felt like such a ditz!!) So, Dennis ran back to Home Depot for the right ones. Later Shawn came back and helped Dennis and Brandon finish up the roof. Dad was great! He worked mostly alone getting the wiring done. Jeffrey helped nail boxes in. Brandon and Alexa helped pull wire. Dennis felt bad that he couldn't have been more help to him. But what would we do without him (Dad)? He is a treasure and I'm so grateful for him.

It was fun to have Jonny around. I was glad that Dad brought him for the day!

After such a day, one wants to fall in bed. Nevertheless, there was much cleanup both in and out of the house to be done. Sometime after Mary's bath I discovered her in a full tub of water left by her sisters. I was exhausted but like a true blogger mommy, I ran for the camera. She'd thrown the contents of the washcloth and towel drawer in. It's okay... I was doing laundry anyway!

7 comments:

Darcee said...

Good to have shingles on! Are windows next?

Funny about Mary. Tessie snuck in the bathroom the other day and then opened the drawer closest to the door so it would not open but a sliver then commenced to wreak havoc. We did not know how we were going to get her out. Thankfully she responded to coaxing and closed the drawer. Guess we've got to have something to keep up busy!

Garling Ranch said...

I am glad that they got the roof done for you. I hope that it will serve you well for the future!

Nancy said...

It was a beautiful day on Saturday. I was at grandma's. She left a comment on one of your blogs, you might want to look for it. It is exciting to see the progress on your addition!

Kendi said...

I am so glad that things are moving along on your home!!! Not much longer and it will be ready for you to use. I love that fact that you had to grab the camera to get a picture to blog. I am the same way...always looking for things to take pictures of to post. I think it drives those who don't blog just a little bit crazy because they don't understand just how fun it is! I am glad you got a picture of something that will make you laugh years from now!

Garling Ranch said...

It was fun working with Stuart Smith and the rest of the guys on the roof. It was a good excuse to take the day off work. I also got a ton of stuff done at our house. Kaylee was a very happy girl when this weekend was over because of all of our acomplishments!!
Ted Garling

Garling Ranch said...

Hey Katie! I tagged you! You can just check out my blog to see what to do!

e.brooke said...

How exciting!

I also find it amazing how my views of my everyday life have changed when I blog...Journaling has a way of giving you a more eternal perspective on things!